Friday 5 July 2013

Thunder Bay, Ontario


Day 3, July 5, 2013, 863km

 

Somehow motorcycle riders always attract people, so while I was in Sault Ste. Marie two older gentleman come at me and say, “hey where you going” and me Inuvik NYT and I'm trying to decide if I should go south of lake Superior or North, the two guys "North of course because it's the most scenic".

Well they were right it is a very beautiful ride and reminded me of the California Pacific Cost Hwy 1 at some spots and a must do.

 
Made it past Thunder Bay and about 350 km before the Manitoba border when I decided to look for a spot to camp and fond this transmit tower in the middle of nowhere and thought that would be a good spot. Well here is another sticky note to self, unless you bath in Deet don't do that, I don't know how in the world you would be able to set-up camp and not be eaten up first.

 

The weather started looking bad and some thunder clouds started there show and tell so I pulled into a rest stop that had this nice covered shelter that was made to withstand just about anything. Was just able to set-up under it and am I glad I did, the storm hit with a wham thunder lightning all around and a real heavy downpour, after that fell asleep like a baby cradled by the wind in my comfy hammock, life is good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment