Monday 8 July 2013

Pincher Creek, Alberta


Day 6, July 8, 2013, 433km

 

More riding through the prairies, so not much to see or do, plus some very strong head winds all day. I know something is a brewing and sure enough around 3pm the weather turned real nasty near Fort MacLeod.

I was lucky to make it into a Tim Horton’s because a torrential downpour with hail came down with some wind gust that would have blown me off the road.
When I pulled into Timmies another couple of bikers that I did meet at Gull Lake came in and together we waited for the storm to pass, and with all of us trying to get some weather updates one of the ladies was getting mad at her new I-pad, she says I'm on the Internet but nothing works.
Lucky I'm a bit of a tech guy and explain that she has to open a browser first and agree to the terms before it will work, so I guess that's why or paths did cross again, she probably would have figured it out at some point in time, but just the same.

 

Made it to Pincher Creek, Alberta today and I am staying with inmate Albertabob, he has offered a spare room for the night and I won't say no to that.

 

Albertabob and me.

 

Next stop somewhere along the Rocky Mountains towards Prince George, BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment