Saturday 13 July 2013

Carmacks, Yukon


Day 11, July 13, 2013, 933km

 

Raining again today and snow on the mountain passes makes for not that great riding conditions. The Telegraph Creek Road will have to wait until I come back on the return trip. It wasn’t until 2pm on the Alaskan Hwy that things really cleared up. While riding in the rain I could not see much of the surroundings but when the rain stopped I had a chance to make a video that was suppose to show you the grandeur of this place, but that turned out all wrong. The camera was pointing to far down, so hope to get it better next time.

 
When I got to Whitehorse I called ADV inmate Yukon Jon because he had offered a place to stay. On the phone he said I hope you don't mind but I have just moved to Carmacks and that's another 180km past Whitehorse, and by the way everything is still in boxes so we will see what we can do. Yukon Jon is with the RCMP and was reassigned to a new place and true to form even though he had just moved there he turned out to be a real trouper (no pun intended). Thanks a million Jon for your great hospitality, and giving me a warm place to stay. I have no picture because he said he would have to kill me (just kidding).


Stewart-Cassiar Hwy.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment