Friday 12 July 2013

Stewart-Cassiar Hwy, British Columbia


Day 10, July 12,2013, 859km

 

The day started with showers on and off again all day, and then finally around 4pm it did stop.
Lots of little towns along the way and I fond it a bit to early to start looking for a camping so I decided to continue down the Stewart Cassiar Hwy. And man is that a beautiful road to take, long sweeping curves and absolutely  beautiful scenery.

 

Thinking and hoping I could make it to Dease Lake because I was told if you can drive down the Telegraph Creek Road you will not regret it. It's a hard packed gravel road that takes you through some of natures best, and it starts in Deasse Lake so hoping I could be there before night fall proved to be a bit to much, the rain started back and the temps dropped. Shivering cold and wet I pulled over at a hunting camp/camping, and asked if they had any place warm that I could use to crash for the night, of course says this lady at the desk , we have a log cabin on the lake, no power, water or anything but it has a wood stove to get you warm. That sounded very good at that point, show me the way. Made a fire and pulled out my bed roll, very tired I fell immediately to sleep, only to wake up in the middle of the night sweating and I could hardly breath because it was so hot. Of course I overloaded the wood stove, and wow just poke me I'm well done. The good part is that all my stuff was dry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment