Friday 26 July 2013

Victoria, British Columbia


Day 24, July 26, 2013, 274km
 

Came across the Island over Highway 18 towards Port Renfrew and then West Coast Highway on to Victoria. This road is great, being an old logging route made into Highway it twists and turns the whole way and has lots of beautiful scenery.

Victoria's Butchart gardens are amazing and the town is thriving with tourist looking around and or  going for the Whale watching tours.

I did notice all along the way that the State Park Camping's sings said that they were full and so I would have to look elsewhere.

Asking at the Information booth in town for camping's I also fond out that you can go from Victoria to Port Angeles with the ferry for $38, and as seeing that my feet were soar from all the walking around a nice ferry ride sounded pretty good at this point and I could just make the last one going out for the day, well shiver me timbers mates IMIN.

Made it to Port Angeles, but by now it is dark and with no idea where to go I ask at the gas station for camping places, I ended up at Camping Elwha Dam for $21.

Tomorrow down Highway 101 towards Portland, Oregon and then make my way towards Mountain Home, Idaho for a visit with my sister.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Victoria Harbor
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment