Saturday 27 July 2013

Cathlamet, Washington


Day 25, July 27, 2013, 443km
 

Very scenic Highway 101 takes you through a section of the Olympic Rain Forest and hugs the Pacific Coast while winding it's way down South.

Looking for interesting things to see I came across this sign saying Biggest Duncan Spruce Tree so I had to go back and look. From the Hwy a 4 mile long gravel road takes you to this old tree and it was a beauty at the time but only now to have very little life left in it, it stands as a testament of time and things long past. A story of this moment still to come.

My GPS was showing that it was shorter going the other way and so I ended going back on a 15 mile country road to the 101, thank you GPS.

But also more on this later.

On my way earlier that day I had contacted ADV inmate XB12R for a spot to camp and so while I was at a MacD to confirm I also started talking with Mark Kraft another V-Strom rider that was out for a weekend getaway. Having confirmation of this really cool spot on a island in the Columbia river I offered Mark if he needed place to camp that he was welcome to come along and share if he wanted.

Mark liked that idea and then offered me a place to stay at his place in Pasco, WA because he was heading home anyway and that would be kind of on my way to Boise, Idaho.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment