Thursday 25 July 2013

Nanaimo, British Columbia


Day 23, July 25, 2015, 148km
 

Whistler is a very cool place to visit with lots of things to do and see, but a bit  pricy also and too much for my blood.

After checking out the local camping’s and at $55 decided to head back to town for a look around and then take off further for a better deal. As I was heading down the road I checked out the state camping grounds but finding them full, and that’s when I finally fond camping Paradise some 45 minutes away for $30, still not the greatest but hey it's BC.

In the early morning I headed toward Horseshoe Bay for the ferry ride to Nanaimo. The ferry cost $41 and takes an hour and a half to cross.

Called Steve and Wendy for a stay over that was arranged by my buddy Brian as they are his good friends. This was an absolute nice getaway from the camping’s and when I arrived a warm welcome was had with some great food and some good riding tips on where to go next was discussed. Tomorrow I will head off to Victoria taking a more scenic road along the West Coast.

Thank you so very much Steve and Wendy for your spontaneous hospitality, it was greatly appreciated.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment