Tuesday 9 July 2013

Lake Louise, Alberta


Day 7, July 9, 2013, 619km

 

Had a great stay with Albertabob, super good host, and he made a good breakfast too, you can't ask for better. Thanks Robert.

Had this whole route planned out, starting on the Cowboy Trail 22 and then across towards the Forest Trunk Road 40, for some great back road country riding. This is also a nice back door track into Canmore, BC. The only thing is it turned out to be more of a challenging then I had bargained for, and mostly because of some bridges and roads being washed out. At one point there was a crew fixing the road and signage saying road closed, but I thought not for me though so I crossed around over a field and all the crew guys waving, so I waived back and thought what a friendly bunch, only to find out some 30 km further there is no more bridge to cross, oops. Then of coarse on my way back the same guys again waving and laughing, I waived and laughed back, I finally did make it, just way later and not exactly on the route I had planned.

The scenery has really improved a lot, and some of the places that I wanted to see were Banff and Lake Louise of course and they were not far away anymore.


Banff is one beautiful town with so many little shops and things to do you could stay there for a couple of weeks easy, and Lake Louise is stunning to say the least, if it wasn’t for this weird guy steeling the shot you could have seen more of it, well now you will have to go and see for yourself.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment