Friday 1 November 2013

Quito


Day 122, Nov 1, 2013,


Had a great ride through some very twisty roads leading into the village of Mindo, this place is where you can go see a waterfall, or go on a canopy tour or go see the Butterfly's. I decided to continue the off road portion leading back to Quito or at least I thought. After an hour of this road that is mostly gravel/dirt with a rocky water crossing, turned out to be further up impassable or so I was told by a local farmer and his son that could speak some English.

Decided to go back and head out the other direction through more twisty roads all the way to Hwy 20 and back to Quito. Did stop at 2 waterfall's and take pictures but only to find out later that my camera has died. This is also the same for my action camera, way back when I was at the Kuna Indians in Panama that one had died..
 
Next big town I will have to look for a  new/used camera that works, and until then I will have to use my phone.

Just before Quito, there is this beautiful sight of the clouds rolling over the mountains.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment