Tuesday 12 November 2013

Chumbes


Day 133, Nov 12, 2013, 501km


With the climb yesterday the temps dropping down to 6c and an hour later the rain started. First it was not to bad but after another hour it was getting heavy and it did feel like ice water was hitting you, brrrrr.

I decided to stop at the first town with a Hostel sign and there that night I had 3 woollen blankets over me and was just able to keep warm.

Did not make it very far yesterday so this morning I was up at dawn. Decided to put a couple extra layers on and headed out at 7 am.

This portion of highway 3S is mostly riding through a canyon and is great, it does have a few sections where there is construction and will take you over some gravel.

Did ride into the night again and found lodging in a little town about 2 hrs past Ayacucho, not really a hostel or anything just a room above the restaurant that I stopped at and the owner was willing to provide a space for me at $3.


Really nice rock formations on the way
  
 
View of the valley from the S3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment