Saturday 9 November 2013

Lima


Day130, Nov 9, 2013, 626km

 
Stayed last night in Caraz at the JB Hostel for $8.

Today I continued my trek on the N3 hoping I would make Huaraz before nightfall. Instead I must have made a wrong turn and came down this most insane paved downhill road ever. It will take you down some 8.000ft and about an hour to do.

Once at the bottom you will travel through this beautiful canyon, but be warned there are 3 bridges to cross that only have two tracks to ride on and are made up out of 3 pieces of 3x6 inch lumber that are wired together at most spots. Also choose your track wisely because one side may have some plank’s missing. This is not for the faint of heart because if you look down or miss a plank you will be royally screwed.

 

Lost ghost village in canyon.

 
This road did take me back to the Panamericana Norte and 450km from Lima, so pedal to the metal and in 4 hrs I made Lima, staying in the Miraflores district at the Flying Dog Hostel for $12 and includes breakfast. To bad I did not make Huaraz because it is surrounded by the highest mountains of Peru. But hey I still have Bolivia to do so that should be equally interesting

Will stay in Lima for some R&R and take in the sights.



 

The Canyon.

 










Google capture of the crazy downhill road.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment