Saturday 16 November 2013

Machu Picchu Magic


Day 137 Nov 16, 2013. Machu Picchu.

I had mentioned that there was more to this story and that it was magical and now you will know why.

On the train ride to Machu Picchu a man (Shoki) from Turkey sat beside me and we started talking about travelling and such, when I asked him why he had come here the following story unfolded.

When he still was a young boy he had seen a music video from Gloria Estefan and this had made such a deep impression on him that it captured his imagination immensely and so for the last 20 years he dreamed of coming to this place where that video was made. Now finally he was here and you could see his excitement.

It was also going to be his birthday tomorrow just to make things even better, so we agreed to meet at the top and make it a special day. We did meet as agreed and we went to the places that he had carefully picked, I will never forget his face when we made it, his eyes gleamed with joy and he had a smile from ear to ear, the energy was combustible, he had moved heaven and earth to make this trip and it showed, he was also so happy that he could share this with someone and I was glad that it was me, because this made my day something special too, not only was it being here but to see someone's dream come true was magical.

We parted after cheers to his birthday and his accomplishment with a Coke, I had a tour to do and he had booked the clime up to Huayna Picchu. I only regret not taking a picture with him and if you want to see the video that he fell in love with, here is the link: http://youtu.be/cyblSDoRRxg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Inca Bridge and trail.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment