Saturday 23 November 2013

Uyuni


Day144, Nov 23, 2013, 208km


In Bolivia they have a policy against tourist when it comes to buying gas, you have to pay like double the regular price, because it's subsidized for there own.

I know even at double the price it's still only $1.00 per ltr. ($3.60 gal) and very reasonable, but hey I don't think they should be treating tourist any different then there own.

In Coroico the guy did not care and just filled it up and I paid what was showing, and then in Oruro I  did the same, after he had filled it I told him that I was only going to pay what was showing on the pump (70Bs), so I just stood there pointing at the pump price, after awhile he started  getting frustrated, because he wanted 140Bs I then showed him 80Bs and said “listen if you don't take the 80 now it will be arrivederci” and I started the bike, he did take the 80 and waved goodbye.

Just before Potosi I started stopping at gas stations, and they said they had no gas, I'm not sure but I think they just did not want to do the paper work, so finally in Potosi they would sell but against double the regular price and he would not start pumping until he had the money first, so I did leave and this morning I went down to the pump with my 1.5 gal spare tank, made sure my bike was out of site and had them fill this twice,  wow the things you have to do save a few bucks.


Today I made it to Uyuni and also visited the Pulacayo train graveyard on the way, it was not what I had expected after reading that a lot tour groups head here for this, I fond it interesting but overrated, there's also a mine but your not allowed in.

Will head out over the Salt flats to Tupiza tomorrow instead of the Salar one because this is currently flooded, it’s OK for the high 4x4 tourist trucks, but not recommended for motorcycles at the moment.
 
Sunset in Uyuni
 

No comments:

Post a Comment