Thursday 31 October 2013

Equator at San Antonio


Day 121, Oct 31, 2013, 55km
 

While exploring Quito today I realized that I had past the Equator yesterday in the rain, so I had to go back 25 km's to San Antonio and of course stand at the this extraordinary point on earth. I learned that there is no shadow at this point on March 21 and September 21 at 12:00 noon, and that's because the Sun is straight above you, and also that eggs will stand on there end.

Did meet-up with the guys Court and Sylvain from Freedom Bike Rental , if you want to fly to Ecuador and rent a bike then these are the guys to go and see. They replaced one of my front lights that was burnt out and were great in giving me some awesome tips on where to go next.

Tomorrow if the weather cooperates will take a ride up into the mountains.



Sylvain from Freedom Bike Rental
 

No comments:

Post a Comment