Wednesday 14 August 2013

Zion National Park


Day 43, Aug 14, 2013, 376km
 

Made my way to Zion N.P. and am currently staying in a $95 motel room for only $75. I was lucky to bargain with the owner that I was on a budget and had no more to give, so he gave me the room and a free breakfast to boot. Earlier today I had tried all the camping's with no luck and was ready to give up on this area and move on, but persistence  paid off.

Tomorrow I will explore Zion or The Promised Land as they call it here. This will be in the very early morning or I will face the extreme heat that's around here at the moment. Will see what time I have left over and then start my way towards LA California or the Sequoia N.P.

Made a new record for riding on reserve of 103 km or 65 mi, I think it's the altitude because my last best on a tank of gas was 480 km and has now been raised to 510 km or 318 mi.

 











Into the Zion Tunnel

No comments:

Post a Comment