Tuesday 13 August 2013

Grand Canyon North Rim


Day 42, Aug 13, 2013, 413km
 

Thank you HeadShrinker for the excellent dinner, grand tour and a great sleepover.
These ADV people are first class all the way.
 

Had a few drops of differential oil show-up on the rim so I looked if anyone else has had this before and what it could be.

One of the suggestions was to make sure your diff vent was clean. I looked at mine and all I could see was a clump of mud where it was hiding under, so OK I know now and cleaned it of coarse. Then I changed the oil just for good sake. It's really nice when your with other ADV riders because  HeadShrinker gave me the place to do this and some of his oil to boot. He used to ride a S10 and had a rock smash through his oil pan during one of his crazy rides, and decided to go with a BMW 1200R GSA instead, but truthfully I  think he will go back.

 
Made my way to the Grand Canyon North Rim and did stay at National Parks Jacobs Lake Campground with no internet of course.  The camping being at over 8500 ft made for a nice cool night with beautiful scenery and of course the Grand Canyon at my door step. This will be hard to beat, but I'm going to do my best though.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment