Sunday 11 August 2013

Durango, Colorado


Day 40, Aug 11, 2013, 570km
 

This morning my knee is hurting a bit less so it looks like I will survive, or maybe it's just all those pain killers doing wonders, time will tell.

Left Moab, Utah and made it to Durango, Colorado via the Million Dollar Hwy that starts around Montrose and ends in Durango.

This road goes over three mountain passes with the highest being 11008 ft, and to get over each one of the passes you go down each one and then back up with lots of switchbacks. This is a beautiful road with scenery that is awesome to say the least and a must do I would say.

Currently at a McD in Durango for a quick update and was looking at the steam train coming in from Silverton just before. I still need to find a place to stay so wish me luck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment