Sunday 18 August 2013

Sequoia National Park


Day 47,  Aug 18, 2013, 240km
 

Stayed at the South Yosemite KOA camping Saturday night and as you would have it they played Avatar as there feature film, that's nice I thought but this morning a lady walks past me and says your riding that beast, of all the things she could have said but that, so I guess this hasn't completely played it self out yet.

 
The road into Sequoia is great and has absolutely the most twists and switchbacks back to back I have ridden so far in one stretch .

Sequoia tree's are enormous, and I did take the tour and looked at the largest tree on earth by volume The General Sherman. Standing at 275' tall with a circumference of 103' and only 2200 years old, with a army of Rangers taking care of them was very impressive but did not have the same impact as that lonesome Cedar standing in absolute isolation back in Washington.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment