Wednesday 11 September 2013

Oaxaca, Mexico


Day 71, Sep 11, 2013,  258km


Today from Puerto Escondido to Oaxaca (pronounced as wa-haca) we did take Hwy 131 and this is one very twisty road through the mountains. The rain did cause several landslides that covered the road, but luckily enough space to get through the 258 km stretch.


It did take 6hrs to do and of course the last hour in the rain again. This time not wanting to get wet I stopped and put on my Hog Togs and that worked really well.


I also went past the 26,000 km mark or 16,250 Mi for this part of the trip, can't belief it's been 10 weeks on the road.

 

Tomorrow will be Oaxaca the ancient city discovery day and I hope that my leg can hold up to this, if it works I will have some good pictures to post.

 


 

Did Walk to Iglesia de Santo Domingo in Oaxaca, it was built in 1580 for the Dominican monastery by some of the best artisans of the time, even though Oaxaca has been destroyed twice by earthquakes this building has survived because of it's immensely thick stone walls.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment