Thursday 12 September 2013

Monte Alban, Mexico


Day 72, Sep 12, 2013,


This morning we drove up to see the Ancient Zapotec Capital of Monte Alban and we did the guided tour for 250 pesos. Our guide was really good in explaining the history and how things were built back then, and was well worth the money.

This place dates back to around 500 BC and at it's peak around 700 AD had about 25,000 people living there just before it's demise.

Makes you wonder though if history will repeat itself, because we as a whole still haven’t learned things like sustainability.
 

While walking around I was offered many trinkets from lots of people that are trying to sell there stuff around here, but coming towards the end of our tour I was approached by this old ancient looking guy in the towns square of Monte Alban. As he approached me he said this is for you and it was a hand made clay Owl like the Owl that had swooped down at me. Of coarse I had to buy this, just too coincidental to let that go.



After all the walking my leg does hurt and I will need a bit of rest and some ibuprofen to make that feel better again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment