Friday 6 September 2013

Manzanillo, Mexico


Day 666 (just kidding) Sep, 6, 2013,  262km


Today started great, this section from Puerto Vallarta to Manzanillo on Hwy 200 is such a sweet ride twisting and turning up and down through the mountains and this time not as much construction as in yesterdays ride, absolutely fun to do.

Then just before Manzanillo we were going through a small suburb of the town when a pick-up truck coming from the left looked like it wasn't going to stop so I hit the breaks and Wei slips on the sand covered road and rides into me, slam dunk down I go into the street crossing with me getting my right leg pinned again while being thrown off the bike. The people on the street were amazing though and in no time was the bike back up and off to the side. Within 5 min the paramedics show up while I'm still laying there trying not to show that I'm in terrible pain and about to pass out, sweating like an idiot the paramedics checked my knee and says it looks like its not broken, but we can take you to the Hospital, I ask to be taken to the sidewalk so I can catch my breath from the shock.

While sitting there the paramedics stayed the whole time and made sure I was OK, he wrapped the knee in a stretch bandage and about 20min later I asked to be put back on my feet and see if I could walk. Limping I tell the guys that I'm OK so they can take off but again they offer to take me to the Hospital, I'm just fine I insist, just need to get back in the saddle. The ambulance did leave but sent one guy back until we actually took-off.

This is absolutely amazing here we are riding in what we consider a third world country and look at how great they treat you, even while sitting there a hobo setting on the corner comes up to me and offers his coke without asking nothing just giving me the gesture of here you need this more than me. Strange occurrence of events and it's not like I need my leg to hurt anymore then it does already but it has taught me one thing that these people are great, not only just here but during this whole trip through Mexico.

 

Tomorrow I will see how my knee and ankle feels, but for now I'm limping and will probable take a few weeks again to get somewhat better, back to the short walks, damn.

 
Greetings
Jeff Limpalot

 

 

Me sweating it off at the corner where it happened.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment